If you are new to Shift Happens! then welcome.
Organisations of all kinds have been going through more and greater change over the last ten years than ever before. This blog is dedicated to understanding how to make successful organisational change. It will examine the related topics of:
- Management of change and integrating it into your organisation
- Project and Programme Management
- Understanding and managing risk
- Dealing with resistance to change
At the bottom of each page, I have put tools to help you find resources that are useful – a search box and a “Topics” box. I have described each post with a small number of relevant topics and by selecting a topic in the box, you can get all the posts that cover that theme.
Some of my favourite posts:
- Simple but not Easy
- The Problems of Probability
- Why is Change so Scary?
- The Silence of the Project
- You get the Team you Deserve
- Are you a “Top-down” or a “Bottom-up” sort of Person?
- Cycle Times and the Monitor and Control Loop
- Project Multi-tasking: The Multi-tasking Fallacy
- Four posts about my father, Gerald Clayton
- Issue Management: A Matter of Discipline
- Samurai Wisdom
- How do I become a Project Manager?