Read Mike’s interview with Elizabeth Harrin (of “A Girl’s Guide to Project Management“) on the Gantthead website.
Mike talks to Elizabeth about managing the financial aspects of project risk, in her “Money Files” column: “a blog that looks at all aspects of project and program finances from budgets and accounting to getting a pay rise and managing contracts.”
In this “Ask the Experts” column, Elizabeth asks:
- What sort of budget-related risks might projects face?
- How can we better identify risk then, so that project managers don’t just stick with the force majeure items on their risk logs?
- Do you think Earned Value Analysis is a big help to project managers looking to manage financial risks on their projects?
- The delivery stage is a critical time, and that’s the point that conflicts arise between risk and return, when things are changing and stakeholders are keen to see progress. How can project managers handle that conflict?
- It sounds as if project managers need to spend more time thinking about project risk, to head off some of these problems and be better prepared to make these judgements.
Take a look at the full interview here.